Orthodontics, a specialised field of dentistry deals with diagnosis, prevention and correction of misalignment in teeth and jaws. It also deals with correction of gaps in teeth as well. Orthodontic treatment help to align the malocclusions to provide a better positioned and aligned set of teeth and jaws.
- Crooked teeth – this refers to mispositioned or misaligned set of teeth.
- Overbite – also known as buck teeth, this condition arises when the upper row of front teeth protrudes forward over the lower row.
- Underbite – also known as bull dog teeth, this condition arises when the upper row of teeth is too far back from the lower row or lower row of teeth protrudes forward over the upper row of teeth.
- Open bite – the upper and lower row of teeth do not touch each other when biting together.
- Misplaced midline – the center of teeth do not align.
Braces or Aligners – to apply pressure to reposition teeth.
Removable space maintainers – to maintain space for new teeth.
Jaw repositioning appliances – they are used to train jaws to help them close in preferred positions.
Cheek and Lip bumpers – they are used to keep the cheek and lip away to avoid their undue pressure on the teeth.
Headgear – they are used to slow down the growth of jaws.
Palatable expander – the curve of the upper jaw can be expanded with the help of this.
A pioneer in the field of dentistry since a few years, Dr. Neethu’s Smile Care Dental Clinic is committed in offering quality dental treatment at an affordable cost. Based in Palakkad in Kerala the clinic offers a wide range of treatments in orthodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, periodontics and endodontics under the leadership of Dr. Neethu Jyothish.